RMAN and re-do logs

From: <chris.brown_at_providentinsurance.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2009 08:44:03 -0700 (PDT)

Oracle 10.2.0.4 production RAC on windows 2003 x 64

We are completing a restore procedure that includes clearing out redologs  from an ASM directory and doing the usual restore & recover

For some reason we get a problem with redo / we do have to do rename the disk group as this has changed from source database to target database

ORA-00313: open failed for members of log group 5 of thread 3 ORA-00312: online log 5 thread 3: '+CLMREDOB/lvclaims/onlinelog/ group_5.257.684071335'

Please could someone explain at what point rman recreates redo and why we may be getting a problem
/ I am confident that the redo log directory does exist as we got round problem by using ...recover using from backup controlfile syntax

cheers
Chris B Received on Tue Apr 14 2009 - 10:44:03 CDT

Original text of this message