Re: Linux flavor

From: Palooka <>
Date: Fri, 10 Apr 2009 23:43:20 +0100

Mladen Gogala wrote:
> On Fri, 10 Apr 2009 14:17:48 +0100, Palooka wrote:
>> Yes, I am aware that HJR has stopped his blog, and of the history.
>> However, Doris still lives:

> Doris is copyrighted and not GPL-ed. There is nothing special about doris.
> I prefer to do things myself, rather than use a cooked script that is, at
> least in my opinion, senselessly copyrighted.

Fair enough. I make no claim that it is particularly "special" - just that I have found it a convenient and reliable way to set up a home "DBA playground" Linux environment for Oracle installs.

Each to his own, of course.

Palooka Received on Fri Apr 10 2009 - 17:43:20 CDT

Original text of this message