Re: Linux flavor

From: Palooka <nobody_at_nowhere.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Apr 2009 14:17:48 +0100

johnbhurley_at_sbcglobal.net wrote:
> On Apr 9, 2:17 pm, Palooka <nob..._at_nowhere.com> wrote:
>
> snip
>
>> For this purpose, I'd go with CentOS too. Both Centos and OEL are RHEL
>> rebadged; the difference is that CentOS makes patches available; whereas
>> OEL does not, unless you purchase support.
>>
>> To make installation easy, I'd recommend Howard Rogers' doris script.
>> Google dizwell + doris.

> HJR shutdown his site "yet again" so recommending to anyone that they
> count on being able to rely on anything from him is probably not great
> advice.
>
> Check out Jeffrey Hunter at http://www.idevelopment.info he does nice
> work and has not ( yet anyway ) ever yanked his site or taken away any
> of his contributions.

Yes, I am aware that HJR has stopped his blog, and of the history. However, Doris still lives:

http://dizwell.com/2009/03/

All I can say is that the script has worked perfectly for me on both 10g and 11g, on multiple distros.

Palooka Received on Fri Apr 10 2009 - 08:17:48 CDT

Original text of this message