Re: Linux flavor

From: <johnbhurley_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: Fri, 10 Apr 2009 05:16:00 -0700 (PDT)

On Apr 9, 2:17 pm, Palooka <nob..._at_nowhere.com> wrote:

snip

> For this purpose, I'd go with CentOS too. Both Centos and OEL are RHEL
> rebadged; the difference is that CentOS makes patches available; whereas
> OEL does not, unless you purchase support.
>
> To make installation easy, I'd recommend Howard Rogers' doris script.
> Google dizwell + doris.

HJR shutdown his site "yet again" so recommending to anyone that they count on being able to rely on anything from him is probably not great advice.

Check out Jeffrey Hunter at http://www.idevelopment.info he does nice work and has not ( yet anyway ) ever yanked his site or taken away any of his contributions. Received on Fri Apr 10 2009 - 07:16:00 CDT

Original text of this message