Re: Linux flavor

From: joel garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Apr 2009 10:11:34 -0700 (PDT)

On Apr 9, 9:48 am, Ed Prochak <edproc..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
> On Apr 9, 9:56 am, student4li..._at_gmail.com wrote:
>
> > Could someone please inform me what version of Linux is good for
> > learning and trying out Oracle DB? Thanks.
>
> You can get Oracle LINUX.http://www.oracle.com/technologies/linux/index.html
> free
>
> Make sure, when you get to the point of installing the Oracle DB, that
> you read and follow the installation notes. There are changes to LINUX
> configurations that must be done. (You would think that Oracle's
> flavor of LINUX would be configured for Oracle DB out-of-the-box.
> Sadly not the case.)
>
> Ed

And why the sad case has been explained: http://blogs.oracle.com/wim/2007/09/strange_story.html

I totally agree with you Ed, and wonder why there isn't a fork with the changes applied and XE with current patches. I guess if it were easy, some guy in his bedroom would have done it.

jg

--
_at_home.com is bogus.
http://www.text2speech.com/voices.html