Re: unknown files in /tmp

From: joel garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Apr 2009 10:01:41 -0700 (PDT)

On Apr 9, 3:38 am, Mladen Gogala <gogala.mla..._at_removethis-gmail.com> wrote:
> Na Thu, 09 Apr 2009 11:39:39 +0200, Frank Langelage napisao:
>
> >> Did you try a search in metalink?
>
> > No, I don't have access to metalink.

You might want to get access, so you can test in the same environment you deploy. In particular, Note: 317257.1 explains ISM and DISM usage by Oracle, and how to deal with local containers, while 1020329.6 explains memory usage. No, we don't post stuff like that.

> Hmmm, that may become a problem, especially with Oracle Vista (oracle 11g)

LOL!
> which is barely making inroads into production, almost 2 years after it
> was released. The feature that causes such a behavior is described here:
>
> http://dba-onweb.blogspot.com/2009/03/ora-00845-memorytarget-not-supported-on.html
>
> and here:
>
> http://sysdba.wordpress.com/2007/03/05/automatic-memory-management-in-
> oracle-11g/
>
> I googled for something on Slowaris but was unable to find anything that
> makes sense. Allegedly, IBM is buying SUN so they may document things a
> bit better.

"I'm not dead yet..." http://www.mercurynews.com/ci_12078259?source=most_emailed

jg

--
_at_home.com is bogus.
“The Web is still pretty unpleasant to read.” - Eric Schmidt