Re: Linux flavor

From: <johnbhurley_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: Thu, 9 Apr 2009 09:41:27 -0700 (PDT)

On Apr 9, 10:56 am, student4li..._at_gmail.com wrote:
> Could someone please inform me what version of Linux is good for
> learning and trying out Oracle DB? Thanks.

Well Oracle now clones Red Hat and then sells their own version of a clone of Red Hat Enterprise ... so it may not be a bad idea to use that version.

You need to download it and wait a day or two perhaps before oracle allows you to download it ( by approving you ) ... but it is free. Oracle would love to sell you support for it ... but it will run just fine without purchasing support from oracle.

Latest version is OEL 5.3 which is a clone of Red Hat Enterprise 5.3 ... seems to work ok with latest version of oracle 11g. ( Disclaimer my only experience is with 64 bit versions ). Received on Thu Apr 09 2009 - 11:41:27 CDT

Original text of this message