Re-org of partitioned tables

From: Nag Yarlagadda <ynagarjuna_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Apr 2009 09:21:33 -0700 (PDT)

I have strange situation.I have table which is already partitioned by range.This table has partitions upto 2007 November.And there after the rest of the records are moving into MAX partition.Now we are planning to split the max partition so that access of data will be more ease.With huge amount of data(250 million records) in the max partition its taking around 40 to 60 minutes for splitting the partition.And during the process the indexes on the table are getting invalid.So i am looking at better way of doing the split.Is it possible to do re-org on the max partition and split it using online redefinition? Received on Wed Apr 08 2009 - 11:21:33 CDT

Original text of this message