Re: Database practices/operations evaluations.

From: <>
Date: Mon, 6 Apr 2009 18:17:39 -0700 (PDT)

From: "" <> Newsgroups: Subject: Re: Database practices/operations evaluations. Date: Mon, 6 Apr 2009 18:17:39 -0700 (PDT) Organization:

<7EtCl.211519$IC4.18525_at_newsfe13.ams2> <>

        posting-account=Y4aVpgoAAAAGm4TjPjd9yulpH6-q27MQ User-Agent: G2/1.0
        Gecko/2009032609 Firefox/3.0.8 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729),gzip(gfe),gzip(gfe) Xref:

All -

I just realized that I did not provide sufficient information. We have one project where 12 DBAs are working 24*7 to support 250 databases. RAC and Replication are also in uses. Most of the databases are being used for 3 tier applications.

They got OLAP/OLTP and few DSS instance also. It is a 24*7 support for almost all the DBA tasks from installation to manage RAC/Replication and troubleshooting.

I do not know what all other information I need to include here. I work for a diff. project and has been asked to evaluate this project based on best database practices and processes.

If this were to work technically fix one or two problem I could have done this or I would have feel confident. But this type of task I have never done before. I know it required to be there for some time to understand the environment and implemented practices.

I just thought to put this question for some suggestions who already had done this kind of job.

Lyxx Received on Mon Apr 06 2009 - 20:17:39 CDT

Original text of this message