Re: RMAN or Hot Backup

From: <>
Date: Mon, 6 Apr 2009 04:58:25 -0700 (PDT)

On Apr 6, 1:00 am, jgar the jorrible <> wrote:

> I hope I was clear enough there I'm looking for an example where a
> cold backup
> saved what a hot backup wouldn't have.  I suspect there could be a
> situation like
> I mentioned above with the abort, except somehow the bad log got
> archived so you
> couldn't get past it on a recovery - perhaps archiving already started
> as an abort happens.
> I also suspect older versions may have some rbs corruption examples,
> but can't think what they
> might be now.

Only problem is that if you might "find something" that a cold backup could have saved you on but you don't have it then you can't find it eh?

> Anyways, the current versions are perfect and have no bugs.  Why is my
> tongue purple?

Certainly sure I mean I haven't run into anything that makes me nervous lately well later than anyhow ( see ). Received on Mon Apr 06 2009 - 06:58:25 CDT

Original text of this message