Re: Active data guard vs streams/shareplex

From: <>
Date: Sun, 5 Apr 2009 10:41:32 -0700 (PDT)

On Apr 5, 10:13 am, dk <> wrote:
> We currently use sharplex to replicate from a source to a target.
> However with the 11g active dataguard we considering replacing
> shareplex.  The question is can the new dataguard serve as a replacement
> for streams/shareplex.  The source and target need to be in-sync pretty
> much real time.
> Thanks

I don't think much has changed with 11g as far as the 3 main choices ( which appear to have been named by marketing folks at oracle ) ... Maximum Protection, Maximum Availability, and Maximum Performance.

The maximum protection is the synchronous configuration. Received on Sun Apr 05 2009 - 12:41:32 CDT

Original text of this message