Re: oracle update query is taking lot of time..

From: Randolf Geist <mahrah_at_web.de>
Date: Sat, 4 Apr 2009 01:37:31 -0700 (PDT)

On Apr 3, 10:08 am, Mladen Gogala <gogala.mla..._at_gmail.com> wrote:

> I am not at all certain that 10.2 will use histograms collected this way.
> I will try running that with the event 10053 and will post the results.
> The database is 10.2.0.4, so the results should be relevant.

Mladen,

for an example of histograms on function-based index columns being used for 10.2.0.4, see e.g. one of recent my blog entries:

http://oracle-randolf.blogspot.com/2009/03/getting-accurate-cardinality-estimates.html

That's why I explicitly mentioned 10.2, since I haven't tested it recently in releases prior to 10g, but I'm quite sure that at least 9.2 behaves the same way, may be even 8i.

Regards,
Randolf

Oracle related stuff blog:
http://oracle-randolf.blogspot.com/