Re: OCCI connect vs. sqlplus

From: Viktor Zacek <usenet2009_at_zacek.de>
Date: Thu, 2 Apr 2009 07:31:47 +0200

Shane <gshanemiller_at_verizon.net> wrote:

> But connecting to the same db from the same box with this OCCI C++:
> gives
> ORA-01017: invalid username/password; logon denied

Different ORACLE_HOME and therefore different tnsnames.ora?

I don't know the way the C++ interface works, but hat this trivial case sometimes on notebooks.
After renaming/moving databases, some of our notebooks where not able to connect, because for some ORACLE_HOME they had a local tnsnames.ora and not the central one.

Simple thing, sometimes hard to find ;-)

Best regards,
Viktor Received on Thu Apr 02 2009 - 00:31:47 CDT

Original text of this message