Re: Logical block corruption

From: Mladen Gogala <gogala.mladen_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Apr 2009 18:20:32 +0000 (UTC)

On Wed, 01 Apr 2009 19:17:42 +0200, Ste wrote:

> Mladen Gogala wrote:

>> On Tue, 31 Mar 2009 17:38:17 -0700, johnbhurley wrote: Or just rebuild
>> them? AFAIK, "rebuild" was supported back then in 8i

> I've rebuilt all of them in another tablespace dedicated to indexes.
> After this I've run dbv and I've got the same error
>
> Steve

DBV is notoriously unreliable, especially in the old versions. Try using RMAN backup database verify. Do you see any corrupt block errors in the alert log? Did you recently do a recovery on the database? If you create an index with the NOLOGGING clause, you will not be able to recover it, you will have to rebuild it. Did you do analyze index validate structure?

--
http://mgogala.freehostia.com