Re: Edit records with an Oracle client

From: Palooka <nobody_at_nowhere.com>
Date: Wed, 01 Apr 2009 00:41:35 +0100

francan wrote:
> On Mar 30, 10:08 pm, Palooka <nob..._at_nowhere.com> wrote:

>> francan wrote:
>>> I just loaded the 10g client EM on my Windows workstation to connect
>>> to our 10g database.
>>> Everything works great except I dont see any place where I can edit
>>> records. I have to use SQL Plus to edit records but was hoping to use
>>> a GUI like I had with 9i client OEM.
>>> Before we had 10g, I used to have the 9i OEM and it let me edit
>>> records in 9i OEM where I could add, delete and update records with a
>>> user friendly interface.
>>> Please advise where or how I can edit records in 10g EM or Oracle
>>> client?
>> You want to edit in a spreadsheet like grid in 10g? You can use
>> iSQL*Plus, SQL Developer, or any number of tools.
>>
>> Palooka
>
> Yes, I would like to edit like speadsheet.  I did try the iSQL*Plus
> but didnt see anywhere to edit records because it just gave me
> workspace and history view:
> http://myMachineNameHere:5560/isqlplus/
>
> Please advise did I get the right isqlplus area?

Sorry, I may have made a mistake here. iSQL*Plus may not allow editing in that fashion. It's been a while since I used it, and it is discontinued now anyway, IIRC.

Use SQL Developer, or any number of other tools, if you must do this.

Palooka Received on Tue Mar 31 2009 - 18:41:35 CDT

Original text of this message