Re: oracle standby datase with select option

From: Michael Austin <>
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2009 10:06:21 -0500

hehehe wrote:
> Hello!!
> I need to create test database like production database. The best
> solution for now is standby databse but it not good enough there is any
> other solution????? I need to update test databse for every 5 min...
> Regards

Update a test database every 5 minutes? There is a lot you need to learn about testing.

Testing is only valid if you can run repeatable test and get the same output, make a change, run it again to see if it improves or worsens - when you constantly update the data in that underlying database, you have now made too many changes to compare apples-to-apples.

Oracle has some very good tools now that make that a lot easier - look at FLASHBACK database and RAT (Real Application Testing) - it will revolutionize the way you do and think about testing - or at least make it more tolerable. Received on Mon Mar 30 2009 - 10:06:21 CDT

Original text of this message