Re: calling a function over db link that creates a table in target db

From: George Rypysc <georgeryp+oracle_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 29 Mar 2009 00:06:17 -0400

On Thu, 26 Mar 2009 08:29:53 -0400, ciapecki <ciapecki_at_gmail.com> wrote:

> Is it possible to achieve the goal without that wrapper procedure
> (prepare_table_proc)?

Chris,
Yes it is possible.
What you tried first will work if you rewrite it using the older DBMS_SQL package instead of "EXECUTE IMMEDIATE".
See example 2 from the 10gR2 package documentation: http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/B19306_01/appdev.102/b14258/d_sql.htm#sthref6148

Lucky for me, remote DDL has been available since at least version 8.1.6. I needed this ability to truncate a table on a remote 10gR1 database from an 8.1.6 database without creating any code on the remote database.

-George Received on Sat Mar 28 2009 - 23:06:17 CDT

Original text of this message