Re: Trigger question..please help.

From: Michael Austin <maustin_at_firstdbasource.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2009 22:54:19 -0500

pereges wrote:
> On Mar 27, 9:34 pm, pereges <Brol..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Mar 27, 8:43 pm, Shakespeare <what..._at_xs4all.nl> wrote:> By the dno column in employees I would think.... it may be a bit more
>>> complex than I stated, but it can still be done this way. I just gave
>>> some direction.
>> Ok but how do I reference the tuple which has been updated from inside
>> the trigger ?

> What I mean to say is that you cannot use OLD and NEW inside a
> statement level trigger. So how to access that data ?

Sounds like you have a long way to go in your learning curve...

Can you explain what you mean by "statement level trigger"??

http://www.adp-gmbh.ch/ora/sql/trigger/new_old.html ????

CREATE OR REPLACE TRIGGER UpdateDeptStatSL

           AFTER INSERT OR UPDATE OR DELETE ON employee
		for each row
DECLARE
         v_action varchar2 (20);
BEGIN
     IF INSERTING THEN
         v_action := 'Added employee(s)';
	    INSERT INTO DEPTSTAT
		values (:new.a,:new.b,:new.c...)
     ELSIF UPDATING THEN
         v_action := 'Updated employee(s)';
	    INSERT INTO DEPTSTAT
		values (:new.a,:new.b,:new.c,
			:old.d,:old.e,:old.f...)
     ELSIF DELETING THEN
         v_action := 'Deleted employee(s)';
  	   INSERT INTO DEPTSTAT
		values (:old.a,:old.b,:old.c...)
     END IF;
     INSERT INTO statement_level_log VALUES (SYSDATE, USER,
         v_action);
     -- not sure what you need to insert into DeptStat table..
END; You can go to all of this trouble - OR - you can investigate Fine Grained Auditing... Received on Fri Mar 27 2009 - 22:54:19 CDT

Original text of this message