Re: fetch size too big causes hang

From: jgar the jorrible <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2009 08:57:02 -0700 (PDT)

On Mar 27, 6:12 am, Jim <j..._at_trainplayer.com> wrote:
> You're dealing with a non-expert here.  I am consulting with our dba,
> but he's run out of ideas too.
>
> > Not sure if it matters or not, but check to make sure your "auto-negotiate" is doing so correctly.
>
> Can you tell me how to check this?
>
> > tcp.nodelay is a parameter that defaults to yes, if for some reason it is set to no you might suffer from delays in sending the last tcp package
>
> I take it the way to set this is to create a protocol.ora file and
> enter a line in it?  I don't know how to see the current setting.
> This applies to SDU also.

No, see the net docs for your version. It has been merged into the sqlnet.ora file. I think some net generation program did an automatic merge on an upgrade or something, so get with your dba and look at all sqlnet.ora files everywhere to be sure nothing is set different.

> > provide actual version numbers...
>
> SQL*Plus: Release 10.2.0.3.0 - Production on Fri Mar 27 05:38:31 2009
> Connected to:Oracle Database 10g Enterprise Edition Release 10.2.0.3.0
> - Production With the Partitioning, OLAP and Data Mining options
>
> > Start over with a fresh os install and proceed from there?
>
> This may be the only way.  I have to decide whether I want to spend
> the weekend dismantling my machine, or reading the Net Services
> manual :-)

Do the manual first. Again, check for old crap in registry before reinstalling.

jg

--
_at_home.com is bogus.
http://www3.signonsandiego.com/stories/2009/mar/26/sec-millenium-bank-032609/