Re: fetch size too big causes hang

From: Jim <jim_at_trainplayer.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2009 06:12:37 -0700 (PDT)

You're dealing with a non-expert here. I am consulting with our dba, but he's run out of ideas too.

> Not sure if it matters or not, but check to make sure your "auto-negotiate" is doing so correctly.

Can you tell me how to check this?

> tcp.nodelay is a parameter that defaults to yes, if for some reason it is set to no you might suffer from delays in sending the last tcp package

I take it the way to set this is to create a protocol.ora file and enter a line in it? I don't know how to see the current setting. This applies to SDU also.

> provide actual version numbers...

SQL*Plus: Release 10.2.0.3.0 - Production on Fri Mar 27 05:38:31 2009 Connected to:Oracle Database 10g Enterprise Edition Release 10.2.0.3.0 - Production With the Partitioning, OLAP and Data Mining options

> Start over with a fresh os install and proceed from there?

This may be the only way. I have to decide whether I want to spend the weekend dismantling my machine, or reading the Net Services manual :-)

  • Jim