Re: RMAN or Hot Backup

From: Mark D Powell <Mark.Powell_at_eds.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2009 13:20:17 -0700 (PDT)

On Mar 26, 12:59 pm, John Schaeffer <ame..._at_iwc.net> wrote:
> We run RMAN.  We have some people here that are fighting to stop using
> RMAN and move to Hot Backups.  I prefer RMAN, but I'm curious on other
> opinions.......

What full version of Oracle?
Why do those users want to use manual hot backups? What issues are they claiming?

We use manual hot backups still on most of our systems but we want to move to using rman.

The rman utility has a lot of nice features such as the ability to duplicate a database, to convert database files from little to big endian on platform migration, and other useful capabilities.

HTH -- Mark D Powell -- Received on Thu Mar 26 2009 - 15:20:17 CDT

Original text of this message