Re: User-defined metrics in Grid Control

From: Syltrem <syltremzulu_at_videotron.ca>
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2009 16:10:52 -0400

  • Original Message ----- From: "Syltrem" <syltremzulu_at_videotron.ca> Newsgroups: comp.databases.oracle.server Sent: Wednesday, March 25, 2009 3:40 PM Subject: User-defined metrics in Grid Control

> Hi
>
> I want to create a user-defined metric to return some value for specific
> targets (disks).
>
> The script would do its thing and return the result as "em_result=1234".
>
> My problem is that the same script is used to do the processing on all
> target disks. How can I pass it a parameter (the name of the disk it needs
> to process) ?
>
> I just can't see how to do this in the doc.
>
> Oracle 10.2 on OpenVMS
>
> Thanks
>
> --
> Syltrem
> http://pages.infinit.net/syltrem (OpenVMS information and help, en
> français)
>
>`

Or can a script return many lines like:
print "em_result=200\nem_message=Disk usage is high\n" and have one line output for each disk ?

Also, it looks like it`s not possible to create a user-defined metric that can return many columns like this one that comes out-of-the-box :

      Mount Point Filesystem Filesystem Size (MB) Filesystem Space Available (%)

      _$1$DGA10: ALPHAVMS 40960.00 33.87
      _$1$DGA11: IA64VMS 20480.00 8.84

As far as I can see it can only return 1 value and also cannot be entered in a category (the one above is categorized as "filesystems" in Grid Control when I look into All Metrics, and is called "Filesystem Size (MB)".

Or I'm really missing something.

Thanks
Syltrem Received on Wed Mar 25 2009 - 15:10:52 CDT

Original text of this message