Re: What index do I need for this query ?

From: Ind-dba <oraclearora_at_googlemail.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2009 05:14:23 -0700 (PDT)

On Mar 25, 3:45 pm, sybrandb <sybra..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
> On 25 mrt, 11:14, Ind-dba <oraclear..._at_googlemail.com> wrote:

> > > You really NEVER do anything yourself, don't you?
> > > Above that you are also extreemly rude!!!
> > > I spent several hours of my *Sun*day to resolve your performance
> > > problems (In all those years asking RTFM questions you still didn't
> > > learn anything, so the application and the database are a disaster),
> > > and you never responded to thank me.
> > > Why is it that you are so extreemly lazy and extreemly rude?
> > > Underpaid? Didn't get your ass kicked often enough by your mother when
> > > you grew up? Or did you just never grew up?
> > > Or are you one of those thousands of incompetent Asian DBAs parasiting
> > > Usenet and OTN?
>
> > > --
> > > Sybrand Bakker
> > > Senior Oracle DBA
>
> > Sybrand ,
>
> > I feel your last comment is not correct (Or are you one of those
> > thousands of incompetent Asian DBAs parasiting
> > Usenet and OTN?).
>
> > I dont think you have any right to comment on any community i.e. Asian
> > DBAs.
> > I feel in this case you have been rude to say this. And I (an Asian
> > DBA), do not expect this from an experienced person.
>
> > -- Sachin- Tekst uit oorspronkelijk bericht niet weergeven -
>
> > - Tekst uit oorspronkelijk bericht weergeven -
>
> Sachin,
>
> I know the TRUTH can be hurtful. Just follow the contributions of your
> compatriots on Usenet and OTN,
> and I have every right to assert most of them are just sitting with
> their feets on their desks until the reply to their
> 'urgent','asap','can you send it directly to my email addy' questions
> come in. Most their queries invariably start with 'Dear Friends' and
> treat other forum members as three year olds, by using 'ur' and 'u'.
> You might be an exception, but 99.99 percent of the DBAs in India are
> just a bunch of parasites, not prepared to move their butt to do any
> work for the money they shouldn't earn.
> And no, it is NOT rude. It is the TRUTH
>
> ---
> Sybrand Bakker
> Senior Oracle DBA

I feel that is not much to do with their incompetency, in fact more to do with so much business being thrown by the western world. And any new geography who started contributing to World's IT needs since few years back, is bound to undergo this stage.

I think India has some very good dbas and many more are in the making.

Calling them parasites is rude by any standard. BTW - the usage of "Dear Friends" etc is probably a cultural way of addressing here. Folks out here may not know what suit you or to people sitting on other side of the world.

I have had bad experience with IT people in US/ Europe but I think calling the community is not the mature way. This could be a personal problem.

And if you are not happy with someone's response, there is always a professional way of communicating the same. You don't have to use words like "underpaid", "ass", "incompetent" etc. Received on Wed Mar 25 2009 - 07:14:23 CDT

Original text of this message