drop package. Where are the grants ?

From: Gokul <gokulkumar.gopal_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Mar 2009 08:14:55 -0700 (PDT)

From some tests, I understand that when a package is dropped and recreated, the grants need not be given again.

I don't see those grants in the dictionary tables, but the package executes fines from ua_system_app user. Am I missing something ?

SQL> connect ua_system_tables_at_sdd1cmtu Connected.
SQL> create or replace package dummy_2
  2 as
  3 i int;
  4 end;
  5 /

Package created.

SQL> create or replace package body dummy_2   2 as
  3 begin
  4 null;
  5 end;
  6 /

Package body created.

SQL> grant execute on dummy_2 to ua_system_app;

Grant succeeded.

SQL> connect ua_system_app_at_sdd1cmtu
Connected.

SQL> select * from all_tab_privs where table_name = 'DUMMY_2';

GRANTOR GRANTEE TABLE_SCHEMA TABLE_NAME PRIVILEGE

UA_SYSTEM_TABLES uA_SYSTEM_APP UA_SYSTEM_TABLES DUMMY_2 EXECUTE SQL> connect ua_system_tables_at_sdd1cmtu Connected.
SQL> drop package dummy_2;

Package dropped.

SQL> connect ua_system_app_at_sdd1cmtu
Connected.
SQL> select * from all_tab_privs where table_name = 'DUMMY_2';

no rows selected

SQL> Received on Sat Mar 21 2009 - 10:14:55 CDT

Original text of this message