Re: change the hostname and IP address on linux database server

From: <stevedhoward_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Mar 2009 18:11:04 -0700 (PDT)

On Mar 20, 12:18 pm, emdproduct..._at_hotmail.com wrote:
> Dear group,
>
> We have a oracle 10.2.0.1 installed linux box.  Now i need to change
> my hostname and IP address, do i need to re-install the Oracle?
>
> And ultimate question is, can i just tar my Oracle Home and move it to
> different hosts, as long as the OS structure are the same?
>
> Thanks for your help

Hi,

Normally I think Sybrand is bit over the top, but in this case, not so much. I found the answer on tahiti.oracle.com in less than two minutes.

Honestly, and I really am curious and not trying to be antagonistic, do you read the documentation?

Regards,

Steve Received on Fri Mar 20 2009 - 20:11:04 CDT

Original text of this message