Re: change the hostname and IP address on linux database server

From: Palooka <nobody_at_nowhere.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Mar 2009 23:45:18 +0000

johnbhurley_at_sbcglobal.net wrote:
> On Mar 20, 2:30 pm, emdproduct..._at_hotmail.com wrote:
>
> Please don't top post. Most people on cdos won't bother with postings
> like this.
>
>> If you have a paid job, why do you waste your time if you are not here
>> to help people?

> No shortage of symptoms of GOMS ( Grumpy Old Men Syndrome ) here on
> this message board.
>
> The person responding to you at some point here used to provide a fair
> amount of help to people ... not so much anymore.

A little harsh, I think.

Sybrand is sick of people who make no effort whatsoever to read the documentation, and just expect to post questions here and have everyone do their work for them.

And I agree with him. If that makes me a GOM too, so be it.

Palooka Received on Fri Mar 20 2009 - 18:45:18 CDT

Original text of this message