Re: Performance issue

From: SEJ <sejprv_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Mar 2009 19:32:21 +0100

"Jenny" <jjohnietk_at_gmail.com> skrev i en meddelelse news:ef2c918c-051c-46f6-af10-41b0774a9f18_at_v18g2000pro.googlegroups.com...
> our database oracle 9i is running on tru64. Db's performance degrades
> as the time goes on, later we bounce the DB and also restarts the
> machine. after restart the performance increases drastically and as
> time goes performance degrade.
> Can anyone tell what the problem is and also a solution 4 it

Hi Jenny

I have observed similar on a windows box where your statements get aged out over time, but it was on 10g. the problem was not on 9i but whe observed longer parse time in 10g, the solution was cursor_sharing=similar, the application di not have bind in all statements

regards

SEJ Received on Fri Mar 20 2009 - 13:32:21 CDT

Original text of this message