Re: DR Options.

From: Preston <dontwantany_at_nowhere.invalid>
Date: 19 Mar 2009 10:46:41 GMT

Mladen Gogala wrote:

> On Mon, 09 Mar 2009 18:54:33 +0000, Preston wrote:
>
> > We're looking into providing an off-site disaster recovery server
> > for some of our clients, & I'd appreciate some input on the best
> > way to do this.
> >
> Hmmm, there are 3 options for that:
>
> 1) Physical standby
> 2) Logical standby
> 3) Streams replication.
>
> There are quite a few issues to consider:

<snippage>

Thanks Mladen, I'll add those to the test pot. You're right about a decent backup strategy making this seemingly unnecessary, but it's the unexpected we're trying to cater for, i.e. the things that put the 'disaster' in 'disaster recovery' (fire, terrorist attack, plagues of locusts etc).

--
Preston