Re: popular storage for ORACLE RAC

From: <novickivan_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2009 10:12:18 -0700 (PDT)

On Mar 16, 3:58 pm, Palooka <nob..._at_nowhere.com> wrote:
> novicki..._at_gmail.com wrote:
> > Hi there,
>
> > I am trying to determine what is the most popular storage solution for
> > Oracle RAC.
>

> I think SAN is your man, rather than NAS, if you are interested in
> something heavyweight.
>
> Like Steve, I suggest that EMC be considered (not cheap though).

Thanks everyone for the replies. Is it fair to say not many people are using clustered file systems directly on commodity boxes as storage for Oracle RAC. For example installing Red Hat's GFS on 8 standard hp servers and using the local disks as your storage for Oracle RAC?

Regards,
Ivan Novick
http://www.novickscode.com Received on Wed Mar 18 2009 - 12:12:18 CDT

Original text of this message