Is there a tool to allow users to build algorithms that are then run by database

From: harry martin <harmtin_at_grets.com>
Date: 18 Mar 2009 08:28:01 -0500

Using Oracle 10gR2 on unix Solaris.

We have a database that has equipment tables, readings tables, and lookup tables associated with equipment. we will take both join them, apply algorithms to create a health index for each piece of equipment (e.g. take age, oil readings, etc, add, substract, mulitply various factors etc). The algorithms will be in form of SQL select statements with some functions etc. We can hardcode them, but the users are requesting the ability to view the algorithm, modify them, copy them and modify them, create new ones etc, and then have scritps use those algorithm to generate healt indexes.

Is there a tool to allow non-programmers the ability to do that, that is create complex quieres that will populate columns and have those stored in the database and used by scripts or stored procedures. Received on Wed Mar 18 2009 - 08:28:01 CDT

Original text of this message