Re: Patch Oracle Express Edition

From: Mladen Gogala <>
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2009 07:57:58 +0000 (UTC)

On Tue, 17 Mar 2009 04:32:35 -0700, Paulie wrote:

> That threat to Oracle's revenues just got a lot bigger with the collapse
> of the world's financial markets

The crisis is forcing many companies to start utilizing OSS databases where they can get away with that. Keeping track of the office supplies, staff birthdays, NFL pools and other such things is now relegated to MySQL and PgSQL. I am valiantly fighting for PgSQL but so far MySQL is winning the marketing battle and I am not sure why. With cost cutting policies implemented all over the place, OSS databases will inevitably gain ground.