Re: can you take a schema offline?

From: R. Schierbeek <byteNospamLife_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2009 17:33:15 +0100

"rgvguplb" <rgvguplb_at_gmail.com> wrote in news:40c0413c-db79-433a-bf1d-
>i have a couple of schemas i suspect are not used any longer but am

> not sure.
> is there a way i can make them inaccessible before actually dropping them?
> or do i basically have no option other than drop them?
>
> I thought i might be able to take the tablespace where its objects are
> in offline, but another schema shares that tablespace, so taking that
> offline does not seem to be an option.
>
> I am using 10gR2 on windows server 2003.
> thanks

Hello rgvguplb(?)

A sure way to check usage is to rename all the schema's tables. If you get complaining users - rename them back. And - if there are any- recompile packages which access these tables.

Cheers

   Roelof Schierbeek, DBA Received on Fri Mar 13 2009 - 11:33:15 CDT

Original text of this message