Re: Problems about RAC/Multiple database

From: <johnbhurley_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2009 17:55:54 -0700 (PDT)

On Mar 12, 3:47 pm, emdproduct..._at_hotmail.com wrote:
> Dear group,
>
> we have a RAC environment which has several databases on it.
>
> Recently one of our database is consuming too much CPU, and it
> eventually cause the the server to reboot because the miscount > crs
> expected.
>
> Is there any way i can manage the CPU usage at database level?  Say
> db1 can only use 20% of host cpu, db2 can use 15% of cpu?
>
> Do you have other suggestions as how to prevent this happening?
>
> Thanks
>
> Charlie

Stop using RAC if you don't have the expertise to manage it adequately.

Many people attempting high availability actually achieve less if they try to use technology beyond the on hand skill levels. RAC can multiply this effect. Received on Thu Mar 12 2009 - 19:55:54 CDT

Original text of this message