Re: can you take a schema offline?

From: rgvguplb <>
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2009 14:39:27 -0700 (PDT)

On Mar 12, 1:54 pm, ddf <> wrote:
> Have you considered locking the user accounts and expiring the
> passwords?  This wouldn't affect other users who may have access to
> those tables/views/etc but it would prevent any applications or
> individuals from connecting to the database with those accounts.

I did consider that, but then the reason i wanted to make the schema inaccessible was to see if anyone would complain after i did so. We use (d) this schema as part of an application we did, so everyone else reads/writes from/to its objects. Then the application was modified and a second schema was created and all the tables and objects were (presumably) transferred to the new schema. So the theory is, i should be able to drop the old schema and nobody should scream at me.

> Presuming no one 'screams' afterwards you could then drop the users.

This is what i'm hoping to avoid.

If there's no way to do this, and if there is no such creature as an "alter schema x offline" statement, then i'll just try dropping the user.

thank you. Received on Thu Mar 12 2009 - 16:39:27 CDT

Original text of this message