Re: can you take a schema offline?

From: ddf <oratune_at_msn.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2009 13:54:10 -0700 (PDT)

On Mar 12, 3:25 pm, rgvguplb <rgvgu..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
> i have a couple of schemas i suspect are not used any longer but am
> not sure.
> is there a way i can make them inaccessible before actually dropping
> them?
>
> or do i basically have no option other than drop them?
>
> I thought i might be able to take the tablespace where its objects are
> in offline, but another schema shares that tablespace, so taking that
> offline does not seem to be an option.
>
> I am using 10gR2 on windows server 2003.
>
> thanks

Have you considered locking the user accounts and expiring the passwords? This wouldn't affect other users who may have access to those tables/views/etc but it would prevent any applications or individuals from connecting to the database with those accounts.

Presuming no one 'screams' afterwards you could then drop the users.

David Fitzjarrell Received on Thu Mar 12 2009 - 15:54:10 CDT

Original text of this message