Re: Migrate from Oracle 9i to 10g on new Hardware

From: <RogBaker_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2009 12:22:03 -0700 (PDT)

On Mar 11, 2:33 pm, Brian Baumann <ferretwo..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
> Our application that requires Oracle only supports 10g at this point.
>
> So, what I would need to do is do a full install of 10g software on
> the new server and then import a 9i dump? I am having troubles
> locating documentation on using these steps and going forward.
>
> Thanks Ed!

What OS is this?
There are tutorials /examples for the EXP and IMP command all over the internet. You may need access to the Oracle metalink site for the 10g install instructions.
Create a new 10g database with the DBCA (database configuration assistant).
Create the user and any custom tablespaces that you have in your 9i database.
You may need to export then import only one schema, if that is what your application uses. Received on Wed Mar 11 2009 - 14:22:03 CDT

Original text of this message