Re: Any tools/scripts for finding underlying cause of concurrency?

From: Paulie <linehan.paul_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2009 11:54:01 -0700 (PDT)

On Mar 8, 3:56 pm, vm22 <vivekmarw..._at_gmail.com> wrote:

> We have been having concurrency issues for the past week but have
> managed to resolve it (the underlying cause of it was a bug). One
> thing that I wanted to know is that if there are any tools or scripts
> out there to tell us immediately the cause of the concurrency?

> All we saw in OEM was a couple of statements which were the Top SQL as
> well as a session that was blocking and several being blocked. We
> could not see the underlying SQL that was causing it. Eventually, the
> issue was the UNDO segments being released from a huge transaction -
> thereby causing the concurrency.

> Any help is appreciated.

Yes, there is help available all over the place.

  1. Oracle documentation.
  2. Books by Thomas Kyte
  3. Book by Cary Millsap
  4. Book by Gaja Krishna Vaidyanatha et al.
  5. Book by Jonathan Lewis
  6. Book by Christopher Lawson

Try looking at these - the one by Christopher Lawson is an easy read.

HTH. Paul...