recommended way of exporting/importing big data sets

From: ciapecki <ciapecki_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2009 05:16:14 -0700 (PDT)

What is the recommended method to export and later import big tables (1-5 Mio rows with ca. 50 columns)?

database oracle 10gR2

Goal, Copy some big tables from remote DB1 (no filesystem access, no DBA role, etc.) to locally managed DB2 (full access).

I checked datapump but it requires to create a DIRECTORY on server side. I am only a normal user on that database and without access to filesystem.

is the old exp/imp good approach, or there are better ones (create table over database link)?

thanks,
chris Received on Wed Mar 11 2009 - 07:16:14 CDT

Original text of this message