Re: Question - Laptop shutdown

From: Mark D Powell <Mark.Powell_at_eds.com>
Date: Sat, 7 Mar 2009 07:29:22 -0800 (PST)

On Mar 7, 6:35 am, "learning_co..._at_hotmail.com" <learning_co..._at_hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I would like to know what went wrong.   I have 2002-2008 worth of data
> and using MS Access 2002 to link oracle where the data keep in.
> Everytime, I run the queries and it take a well to get the result but
> it shut down the laptop.
>
> Do you know what cause this ?   Your feeback would be much
> appreciated.
>
> Thanks

What is the full version of the Oracle database? What is the version of Access?
What is the version of the Oracle Client on the laptop? Any error messages is the Windows Event log? Do you have any error messages from Access?

You could be running out of memory on your PC. You could have a driver compatiability issue.

The answers to the above questions especially error messages and code may allow someone to identify your real issue.

HTH -- Mark D Powell -- Received on Sat Mar 07 2009 - 09:29:22 CST

Original text of this message