Re: Ora-12514

From: <johnbhurley_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: Wed, 4 Mar 2009 08:33:39 -0800 (PST)

On Mar 4, 11:15 am, Ming伯 <l..._at_tech-trans.com> wrote:

snip

> > What version of oracle and windows?
>
> > Maybe the instance is down or something wrong in your listener config?
>
> > Can you check if both instances are running?
>
> > What exactly do your listener.ora, tnsnames.ora and sqlnet.ora files
> > contain?
>
> Windows 2003 server Enterprise Edition with Oracle 10.2.0.4.0
> At the same time, I go to check the status of Oracle instance
> therefore I use sqlplus /nolog

Well you did give answers to one of the questions ... I did not see the .ora files listed above.

Like I said I don't do oracle on windows much but if you go into a command prompt ( dos ) window and set the ORACLE_SID correctly you should be able to just do a sqlplus / as sysdba without supplying a connect string.

Are you guys really using oracle names still?

Is there a DBA for the server that you can work with or is that you? What does lsnrctl status give you as output? Received on Wed Mar 04 2009 - 10:33:39 CST

Original text of this message