Dataguard: recovering from network outage

From: <mylesv_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Mar 2009 10:10:36 -0800 (PST)

Greetings from snowy New York, NY USA!

I'm running Oracle 9i on AIX 5.2.

I usually use FAL to resolve missing archived redo logs on the standby database, but following an extended network outage, I compressed and moved the archived redo logs by "hand" to the standy database (9i doesn't compress logs, and I don't want to swap the WAN). I set the standby log archive destination to "defer" on the primary database, and recovered the archived redo logs on the standby database using "alter database recover automatic standby database". If I now set the standy log archive destination to "enable", FAL will send a second copy of the most recent archived redo log (I already move it "by hand"). How do I prevent this?

Best,
Myles Received on Tue Mar 03 2009 - 12:10:36 CST

Original text of this message