Re: oracle 9 export all without 1 table

From: Mark D Powell <Mark.Powell_at_eds.com>
Date: Sat, 28 Feb 2009 07:24:55 -0800 (PST)

On Feb 28, 8:47 am, Jagjeet Singh <jagjeet.ma..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
> > | Hello!
> > |  I have user name : joe
> > | He have 4000 tables. Id like to know if it is possible to export all tables
> > | without only one table. Or export all and import all without only one or
> > | delete from export dmp file certin table?
>
> Export 3999 tables :  This make sense to me as there is no need to
> take export of table which is not required.
>                                 I had to do this because of space
> constraint I choose to leave one big archive table.
>
>                                how i did that -- create one policy
> using dbms_rls where would return "where 1=2" for select command
>                                                       create one
> trigger on logon if calling module is exp. that's it.
>
> Export all and import without one = this is simple, take full export
> and before import create any table with same name

With version 9 exp/imp there is no feature to exclude a table from the export or import where you do a full or schema (user) exp/imp. You can however simulate this feature by precreating the table in question in the target database and doing the import full=y ignore=n so that the import will issue an error on the target table create DDL and skip trying to load the data. Ignore=n is the default. Ignore=y is often used when you want to relocate a table or change the table from being a heap table to an IOT or back.

Otherwise you have you use a tables= export and list every table to be exported/imported but a tables= export does not export packages, stored procedures, etc ...

The above is basically the same as what Jagjeet recommended at the end of his post though I missed it on my first reading.

HTH -- Mark D Powell -- Received on Sat Feb 28 2009 - 09:24:55 CST

Original text of this message