Re: Taking export from SECONDARY_INSTANCE from 02 node RAC

From: Mladen Gogala <gogala.mladen_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2009 23:27:15 +0000 (UTC)

On Thu, 26 Feb 2009 11:45:20 -0800, shweta.kaparwan wrote:

> Many thanks Sybrand Bakker.
>
> Actually due to application restriction we are not able to explot the
> real RAC. So we are using sort of Active-Passive mode of RAC.

RAC has no "active-passive mode". The concept of RAC is to have several nodes active simultaenously, in order to improve both throughput and resilience. When you're talking about active-passive configuration, you're talking about standby. What you need is Data Guard, not RAC.

--
http://mgogala.freehostia.com