Taking export from SECONDARY_INSTANCE from 02 node RAC

From: <shweta.kaparwan_at_googlemail.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2009 09:03:35 -0800 (PST)

Hi All

We are at :

Oracle 9.2.0.6
HP Ux : 11.23
RAC : 02 Node
( say node-A & node-B)

Primary Instance is running in node-A & secondary instance running in node-B.

All db connections goes to PRIMARY_INSTANCE , we control it via TNS.  Hence at a given time PRIMARY_INSTANCE running in host-A is Active and SECONDARY_INSTANCE in host-B is UP but IDLE with respect to db connections. i.e. no connections goes to host-B.

Now question:

I want to start the export backup database ( size 50 GB) from host-B by connecting to SECONDARY_INSTANCE.

i.e. my "exp" connection/session will be connecting to SECONDARY_INSTANCE in host-B.

Whether this will cause " a ton of interconnect traffic all of a sudden as many of the blocks will have to be shipped for the first time to the other node".

In simple words , how good it would be to export via SECONDARY_INSTANCE or are there any bad part of it in above scenario?

Many Thanks

Regards

Shweta Received on Thu Feb 26 2009 - 11:03:35 CST

Original text of this message