Re: Cheap Cheap Database Recovery

From: pitufo <vandresv_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2009 21:12:28 -0800 (PST)

John, I stand corrected, it does work exactly as you have said several times. I don't need the fresh controlfile backup. I don't know why it did not work when I try it but now it works and that it's what matters.
I was actually, as many of you mentioned, really complicating things using the backup controlfile instead of using a trace sql controlfile. Now it does not stop at the archive sequence that is still in the online redo log files, but it advances into the future until the last available archive file.

THANKS A LOT FOR YOUR IMMENSE PATIENTE! Received on Tue Feb 24 2009 - 23:12:28 CST

Original text of this message