Re: Cheap Cheap Database Recovery

From: pitufo <vandresv_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2009 19:40:36 -0800 (PST)

John, Thanks, you have explained my situation better and in fewer words.

Michael,
RMAN, could be my best weapon, yes,but inconsistency here, where it should not be any, makes me think of hidden problems that are not obvious, I have to solve it,before trying something new for me like RMAN. Or what is happening here now could also be happening again when using RMAN, or any other more complicated method. If I can't fix it now, what guarantees that I will fix it then. That's what my logic tells me. I don't see any possibilities of corruption in the database, all I am doing (except the "alter database backup controlfile to 'binary.control.file" ) takes place in a different server...How can I corrupt my production database while doing that ?

thanks, Received on Sun Feb 22 2009 - 21:40:36 CST

Original text of this message