Re: Cheap Cheap Database Recovery

From: <johnbhurley_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2009 12:38:34 -0800 (PST)

On Feb 22, 3:28 pm, Michael Austin <maus..._at_firstdbasource.com> wrote:

snip

> But since, as you stated, it does not work consistently tells me that it
> is a train wreck in the making and is therefor in reality NOT a viable
> solution.  It may be "cheap" but if it doesn't work, it is useless.
>
> There are many things you can do with RMAN with regards to recovery..
> Spend your time in the RMAN docs and proceed from there - before you
> corrupt something and have to do a real recovery.

As the OP posted previously he may have left out the "using backup controlfile" during testing ...

If you have the time take a look at my more recent postings in this thread OP is doing the old classic golden oldie of a complete cold backup of a database in archivelog mode not using rman with available archivelogs after the backup.

OP is trying to get something setup as a base before getting feet wet with rman. Nothing wrong with that. Received on Sun Feb 22 2009 - 14:38:34 CST

Original text of this message