Re: Cheap Cheap Database Recovery

From: pitufo <vandresv_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2009 05:19:46 -0800 (PST)

jgar:
> Everyone needs to learn, but not with production, and not on
production without understanding the basics That's exactly why I want this to work....I don't want to learn rman now, I want to have a D/R I can trust, and I thought that a 'golden oldie' would give me a safety net so I could spend time in a test environment playing with rman and understand its complexity before putting in production.

I don't understand why you say, I don't answer if I have a 'somewhat current versin of db'......Almost every time that I try explaining the process, I say that I started with a recent full cold backup taken at 2:30 am. Tests are done in the middle of the day, between 10-12 hours after the backup was taken. The newest controlfile is taken just before restoring the full backup.

The real problem here is the inconsistency,  I am waiting for Oracle Support, and see if they find the culprit of this problem, I'll post any result I get.

I really appreciate the efforts of all of you. Thank you very much! Received on Sun Feb 22 2009 - 07:19:46 CST

Original text of this message