Re: Cheap Cheap Database Recovery

From: <>
Date: Sat, 21 Feb 2009 06:07:28 -0800 (PST)

On Feb 20, 4:32 pm, jgar the jorrible <> wrote:

> > Is not this suppose to work ?
> > Any help will be GREATLY appreciated.
> The time you spend getting this kluge to maybe work sometimes would be
> better spent on RMAN.

It sounds now like what OP is doing is a classic complete cold backup of a database in archivelog with an extra set of archivelogs getting stashed on a different server.

Recovery on a different server.

No muss no fuss no rman ... not exactly a kluge at all. More like a golden oldie.

It certainly did take me a while to understand this is what OP is interested in doing. Received on Sat Feb 21 2009 - 08:07:28 CST

Original text of this message