Re: Cheap Cheap Database Recovery

From: pitufo <vandresv_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Feb 2009 04:33:23 -0800 (PST)

Johnburr: I do a cold backup at 2:30 am. (datafiles, and controlfiles, archivelogs are safe in two different servers)
                 Yes, I am in archive logs
                 I dont another backup at a later time....I only do a
'alter database backup controlfile to 'binary.controlfile.ctl''
                  What I am gaining with that:   That's how I can make
the database apply the archive logs that were generated after the coldbackup at
                  2:30 am.

Michael: Yes, I will do it right....as I said in my original post, I need to document pros/cons of this method, a standby database, and a RAC solution. Now, this method, stupid or not, it is cheap, and it should work. I don't see in it a reason to fail, Do you see it ?

Thanks Received on Sat Feb 21 2009 - 06:33:23 CST

Original text of this message